Here are some pictures of past winners and contenders of the Gerber Baby Contest as announced by Gerber on their website. There are a few trends that we think stand out and that you may want to consider when submitting your photos.
- All the pictures are of the babies face only.
- All the pictures show emotion.
- All the picture minimize the background.
- Click here to learn more about The Gerber Baby
This is Grace, she was the winner of the 2014 Gerber Baby Contest. This picture won the Grand Prize worth over $50,000. Not bad for a picture of a cute baby. It’s absolutely adorable.
Now look at the picture from the perspective of the judges of the Gerber Baby Contest. How does the picture do when compared to Gerber’s 3 areas for the judging criteria?
(1) visual appeal of the child(ren) in the photo; –
This picture of Grace is wonderful it’s natural and has great visual appeal
(2) expressiveness of child(ren) in photo;
Again – a great picture obviously a happy child
(3) consistency with Gerber’s heritage and its Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ (or successor program) mission (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”).
Grace looks healthy and happy, that appears to be Gerber’s primary goal in the selection process. Remember the contest is to find an ideal spokes baby to represent the company – Gerber sells baby food – and for years they have been promoting the Gerber Baby as a happy healthy baby – thats why this picture of Grace is so good and why it won the Grand prize in the 2014 Gerber Baby Contest.
Photo Hint: Think Happy Healthy Baby! Can this picture represent Gerber?
Here are some other winners from past Gerber Baby Contests